Rishikesh is a holy town, therefore you are expected to behave accordingly.
- Non-vegetarian food is not available in Rishikesh. If you are a hard-core non-vegetarian life can be little difficult here.
- Liquor in any form is unavailable.
- Traveling on foot is the best bet even though rickshaws are readily available.
- Watch out for monkeys.
- Carry your water bottles.
- You can get best religious books, clothes and handicrafts. Look for it if you are interested.
- There is an opportunity of various adventure sports.
- Cafes are pretty good with cuisines of your choice.
- Recreational activities such as singing and dancing are welcomed by everyone.
- Ganga Aarti on the bank of Maa Ganga is one of the auspicious events to participate in. Don’t miss it
- You may visit Rishikesh throughout the year. Weather is favorable for the visit, however it may get a little cold in winters. For those who don’t like to travel in cold can visit after February.
In the case of emergency
- Dial 100 for police
- TDial 101 for ambulance
- TDial 102 in case of fire